With state-of-the-art infrastructure combined with highly-skilled faculty members experts in areas of Machine Learning, Computer Intelligence, and Data Science, the Department of Information Science and Engineering at SVCE has a proven track record of excellence in academics and has enabled many aspirants to write their success stories. With an industry-vetted curriculum covering the major and upcoming trends of the domain, the Department is a favored destination for top-notch global companies to hire the right talent for various emerging roles.
Excellence in Information Science and Engineering Education, Research and Development
Accomplish academic achievement in Information Science and Engineering through student-centered creative teaching learning, qualified faculty and staff members, assessment and effective ICT.
Establish a Center of Excellence in a various verticals of Information science and engineering to encourage collaborative research and Industry-institute collaboration.
Transform the engineering students to socially responsible, ethical, technically competent and Value added professional or entrepreneur through holistic education.
Information Science Graduates will practice ethical responsibilities towards their peers, employers and society.
Ability to learn and effectively implement the Information Science and Engineering notions in less span of time using modern tools.Envision
Ability to visualize the operations of existing and future software applications.
1. Engineering Knowledge:Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem Analysis:Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of Solutions:Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet t h e specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems:Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern Tool usage:Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The Engineer and Society:Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and Sustainability:Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics:Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and Team Work:Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication:Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project Management and Finance:Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long Learning:Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.