Since its commencement, the Department of Mechanical Engineering is known for offering exceptional education and research opportunities, creating quality Engineers engaged in the service of humanity embedded with discipline and honor. The Department, with profoundly qualified teaching staff and advanced laboratories, has been shaping up aspiring mechanical engineers by delivering outstanding wisdom and enhancing their skills to make them job-ready in today’s competitive environment. The Department forum regularly hosts several workshops, seminars, and symposiums to offer a platform for the students, faculty members to create, interpret, apply, and disseminate knowledge amongst their peers and industry experts.
The Mechanical Engineering Department strives to be recognized globally for outstanding education and research leading to quality Engineers embedded with discipline and honor.
Imparting quality education to the students and enhancing their skills to make them globally competitive Mechanical Engineers.
Promoting excellence in teaching and research through collaborative activities.
Maintaining vital, state-of-the-art research facilities to provide students and faculty with opportunities to create, interpret, apply and disseminate knowledge.
To prepare students for successful careers in industry, research and institutions of higher learning in Mechanical Engineering.
To enable the graduates to become innovators, Entrepreneurs to meet the needs of social, technical and business challenges.
To motivate the Mechanical Engineering graduates to be engaged in life-long learning and professional development through self-study, continuing education and Research.
An ability to utilize their knowledge in Mechanical Engineering Sciences on an applied basis.PSO 2
An ability to apply learned principles to the analysis, design development and implementation of more advanced mechanical systems or processes through morphological analysis.
Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering for the solution of Mechanical Engineering problems.2. Problem Analysis:
Identify, formulate and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of Solutions:An ability to Design a system, component or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, health and safety, ethical, manufacturability and sustainability.
4. Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems:An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
5. Modern Tool usage:An ability to be familiar with modern engineering tools and equipment’s to analyze Mechanical Engineering problems.
6. The Engineer and Society:Demonstrate knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to engineering practice.
7. Environment and Sustainability:Understand the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate knowledge of need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics:An understanding of professional ethics and responsibility.
9. Individual and Team Work:Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse/ multi-disciplinary teams.
10. Communication:An ability to communicate effectively.
11. Project Management and Finance:Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles.
12. Life-long Learning:A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life long learning.